In fact, while other bathtub refinishing professionals are trying to under bid each other and get the cheapest rate they use paints to provide an inferior surface that peels, cracks and discolors and allows mildew to grow between the paint and original surface because of the condensation that forms when hot water is used.
This usually causes the surface to simply peel away in large sheets. However, as water catches under that surface it becomes stagnant.
- chemical cleaning to remove residue of any kind is very important.
- etching the old surface is the process of creating pores and microscopic scratches so the new surface can penetrate the old surface to bond into the old surface, not on top of the surface.
- High quality silane is also a must. Silane was developed by the aerospace industry to bond high altitude aircraft coatings that were subjected to temperature fluctuations at different altitudes. This is important for the bathtub, tile and shower refinishing Industry too since your surface is subjected to hot and cold temperature fluctuations.
- After the silane is applied and worked into the pores created through etching the copolymer finish coat is applied in 9 - 12 coats building up a thickness the copolymer coating is infused with polyester and silicone resin so it has the look and feel of porcelain.
- The completed surface has a life expectancy of 20 years and includes an 8 year transferable warranty!
Bathtub Refinishing Dallas TX my name is James Calhoon. I started in the refinishing business in 1991 and started my business in 1992. I work and live in the Dallas area!